Followers

Thursday, January 19, 2017

A CROW THAT I KNOW.

I looked out the window the other day
& noticed a bird, perched on the roof.
I imagined it was me
I knew it was me
me, but in a different form
I was flapping my feathers
trying to dry them,
it was raining,
but still the weather was ideal
the winds carried my wings I felt free
free to be me.
I was looking for a tree
one that was just for me
one free of other birds
I wanted to be alone,
left to hear my own words
maybe id find a worm to eat,
id swoop down & catch it with my feet.
theirs a little crunch to it, 
so I swallow the poor thing whole
 my kind of funeral.
I really needed a snack
to fuel the restless wings on my back
it seems us birds have a knack
for surviving on just about anything.
tonight id try to shut my eyes
hold on tight
 and hope for a new day.

No comments:

Post a Comment